He'd turned his basement into a mini-nightclub - Former Madrid star revealed his relationship with Robinho



Former Madrid left winger R.R. Drenthe, who played for Los Blancos from 2007 to 2012 has revealed that his former teammate and close friend turned his basement  a mini-nightclub.



"I developed a good relationship with Robinho soon after I arrived, he'd converted his basement into a mini-nightclub, and I'd go there," he told
FourFour.com

"I immediately felt at home, everyone gave me a warm welcome.
"Guti was cool with me straight away, and he was the man in Madrid, a legend."

The former Blancos man signed for the Spanish club from Dutch giant Feyenoord when he was 20, but he admitted that there were a lot of clubs interested in landing him. He added;
"At the time, I heard that 16 clubs were interested in me," he explained.
"I spoke with Barcelona president Joan Laporta, as well as Real Madrid's director Predrag Mijatović.
"It felt like I met with almost every high-ranking official at every club, most of them offered me a five-year contract with more or less the same conditions, but as soon as I heard Real Madrid were interested, my mind was made up."

Comments

Popular Posts