Shocking: Sarri gives Hazard the go ahead to join Real Madrid


Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has said Eden Hazard is free to leave the club whenever he wants to.   The Belgium international has long been linked with Real Madrid and recently reiterated his desire “to explore something different after England,” per France Football (h/t BBC Sport). Hazard has also fielded some criticism from Sarri recently saying the Belgian is not a leader.  And the Italian manager again said there is room for improvement in the 28-year-old’s game when asked about his future at Stamford Bridge, per Dominic Fifield in the Guardian:
“Eden is 28 so, if he wants to go, I think he has to go. I hope the opposite. I hope he wants to stay and improve. He has the potential to be the best player in Europe and, sometimes, he’s happy with something less. It’s my job to improve him and put him in a position to do his best. Sometimes that means I have to say something [critical] in the press to do that. It’s normal. It’s my job.” Hazard has netted 10 goals and provided 10 assists in 24 Premier League appearances in 2018-19.

Comments

Popular Posts