ESPN pundit Craig Burley verdict on Sarri. Source - dailystar.co.uk



The Blues suffered their heaviest Premier League defeat in 23 years away at Bournemouth on Wednesday night.
Goals from David Brooks and Charlie Daniels, along with a Josh King brace, meant they were on the wrong end of a 4-0 drubbing at the Vitality Stadium.
And Burley thinks Roman Abramovich’s impatience is a huge problem for Sarri.

“One of the reasons I’ll say this about Sarri, and I talk about flexibility, is for this reason,” he told ESPN FC.
“I think in a normal sense I could see what he was trying to do at certain clubs. If he was at a club who are known for its patience and known to stand by their managers, I could understand it.
“But my point with Sarri at the moment is, and I can understand what he wants to do, because of who he’s working for, because of Chelsea’s recent history of hiring and firing, because of the impatience of the owner and the willingness of the owner to cut a manager loose, my point’s always been he needs to find a way to get results until such time he can bring in one or two, however many players, to play the way he wants.
“If he was at a club that was gonna given him four of five years just to crack on, then I would say fine. But he’s not at that club. He’s at the most impatient ownership in English football - and that’s a problem for him.”
That’s the verdict of ESPN pundit Craig Burley, who believes the Chelsea boss is at the wrong club if he wants time to implement his philosophy.

Comments

Popular Posts